Studying English in London
There are many well-known places to visit such as the London Eye, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey or Tower Bridge to name but a few. London is considered to be the cultural crossroads of the world where you will have plenty of opportunities to test your English language skills in real life and discover this fascinating city. If you are new to London, there are a lot of must-see landmarks, monuments and unmissable experiences.
“…when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life;
for there is in London all that life can afford.”
- indulge in the spectacular view of London from the London Eye or the Shard
- listen to the iconic chime of Big Ben
- admire Westminster Abbey’s fascinating interior and immerse in history
- find out whether the Queen is at home while watching the changing of the guards in front of Buckingham Palace
- visit the Tower of London to learn about the lives of kings and queens
- take a walk on Tower Bridge to appreciate the sight of iconic modern buildings existing close to historical ones
- take a stroll on the Millennium Bridge across the Thames to explore St. Paul’s cathedral at one end and modern art at the other, in Tate Modern
- learn about British culture in one of London’s admission free museums: Science Museum, Natural History Museum, Victoria and Albert, London Museum, British Museum and many others
- take a picture at a fountain or on one of the lions of the famous Trafalgar Square before checking out world famous paintings in the National Gallery
- have a picnic or your lunch and relax outside in one of the city’s splendid parks like a real Londoner
- go round Camden Town to discover a unique mixture of entertainment and culture: browse on the market, take a stroll along the canal, enjoy the exciting nightlife and find out more about history
- window shop and get souvenirs for your loved ones in Oxford Street
While studying with us experience what the English capital has to offer.
There are several other ways of making your stay memorable apart from visiting the well-known tourist destinations. Wembley English Academy’s special recommendation allows you to combine practising your English language skills, make friends, have fun and create your very own and unique ‘My London’ experience.
- discover London on a ‘Boris Bike’
- be one of the 80000 people who lose their umbrellas on the London Underground each year
- master your skills of patient queuing
- practise discussing the ever changing weather with Londoners
- enjoy a full English breakfast on a lazy Sunday
- visit Portobello Market and take a picture in front of the famous blue door of the film ‘Notting Hill’ starring Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant
- admire the spectacular views of Primrose Hill or Regents Park
- take advantage of London’s diverse music scene while socialising
- see a show at West End
- satisfy your shopaholic cravings in some of the finest shops of Europe’s fashion capital – browse in Harrods or Selfridges or check out the chic boutiques of Bond Street or Knightsbridge
- share a picture of you with a deer in Richmond Park with a caption in English on your social media platform
- discover London’s street art – appreciate Banksy’s art while walking
- take pleasure in having a pint of ale in one of London’s spectacular historical pubs to make your English more fluent
- refine your English by visiting Oval station, the home of the quote of the day board
- learn the various meanings of the word ‘pudding’ in English by eating out
Designed for students who want to improve all their skills to communicate more successfully in everyday situations.
FIND OUT MORE ›
A preparation course for students who wish to enter university or college in the UK.
FIND OUT MORE ›
A tailor-made, personalised way of learning English that focuses on individual needs and preferred interests.
FIND OUT MORE ›