These are provided at the Upper-Intermediate and Advanced levels and are designed for students working in business organisations or aspiring to work in the corporate sector.
On top of that, Business English offers useful practice for the BEC exam (Vantage or Higher). To meet students’ needs, our modules cover diverse areas: the operation of key company departments, descriptions of responsibilities, the target market, the language of meetings, company culture, advertising, customer service and many more. Alongside the growth in students’ vocabulary, students are trained to acquire critical skills for many corporate roles, e.g. delivering presentations, taking notes, negotiating, resolving conflicts or discussing work issues less formally in social situations. As a result, Business English classes feature a lot of discussions, and role-plays.
On a regular basis, students are also asked, individually or in groups, to show their creative skills in project work like designing adverts, making video clips or conducting market research.
The skills honed in writing include summarising, recommending, persuading, evaluating and explaining across a range of documents such as company memos, e-mails, advertisements and reports. In reading, we focus on finding and understanding relevant information or summarising the main points.
- improves skills essential in the business sector such as delivering presentations; writing reports, memos, e-mails and advertisements; negotiating and resolving conflicts etc.
- develops and provides plenty of opportunity to practise all the skills: reading, listening, writing and speaking
- extends vocabulary and improves grammar
- regular homework and tests to make sure you don’t forget what you have learned
- a variety of different activities: discussions, role-plays, project work, individual, pair and group work
- practice for Cambridge English: Business Vantage (BEC Vantage) and Cambridge English: Business Higher (BEC Higher) exams to acquire essential exam skills
* Please note that students will need to register with an official test centre to sit their exams, Wembley English Academy offers preparation courses only. The exams currently cost about £120-130. As prices may vary, please check them with your chosen exam centre before registering.
|Hours per week||6||9||15||22.5||30|
* Please note that all our classes are available subject to demand.